Fashions Finest Africa Awards was all glitz, glam and grandeur. The Awards was birthed out of the need to celebrate those who have made a mark in the fashion industry.
The Fashions Finest fashion Africa weekend extravaganza kicked off in the morning on Friday, May 25, 2018 with an enlightening fashion conference at the Balmoral Centre, Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos themed “Increasing Nigeria’s Participation in the Global Garment Production Industry”. Then, in the evening, the Fashions Finest Africa Awards took place at the same venue.
The show’s host, Bolanle Olukanni, did what she knew how to do best carrying the crowd along and she also looked stunning in all her outfits. There were also breathtaking performances by AFX Theatre Company and Juliana Dede.
The fashion weekend will come to an end on Monday featuring Student designers, New and Emerging designers and established designers out of Africa, there will also be exhibitions all day giving lovers of fashion opportunities to shop all the way. After the Fashion show on Monday evening, the Epic Show will be closed with the Fashions Finest Africa Rave where everyone would hit the dance floor and have even more fun with DJ Crowd Kontroller on the wheels of steel.
FASHIONS FINEST AWARDS WINNERS
1. Male Model of the year – TOSAN DUDUN
2. Female Model of the year – AYOMMIDE AYODELE
3. Fashion Retail Store of the year – PAYPORTE
4. Fashion Icon of the year – DEOLA SAGOE
5. Fashion Blogger of the year – KEFI BOO
6. Fashion Influencer of the year – TOKE MAKINWA
7. Designer of the year – LISA FOLAWIYO
8. Emerging Designer of the year – RICH MNISI
9. Men’s wear Designer of the year – MAI ATAFO
10. Women’s wear Designer of the year – TUBO
11. Young Designer of the year – EMMY KASBIT
12. Makeup Artiste f the year – D’ARTISTE BY DODOS
13. Stylist of the year – THE STYLE INFIDEL
14. Fashion Show of the year – GUARANTY TRUST BANK FASHION WEEKEND
15. Outstanding Contribution to Nigerian Fashion Award – OMOYEMI AKERELE
16. Accessories Designer of the year – PICHULIK
17. Creative of the year – PAPA OPPONG
18. Shoe Designer of the year- BUQISI – RUUX
19. Bag Designer of the year – FEMI HANDBAGS
20. Fashion Photographer of the year – REZE BONNA
21. Fashion Magazine of the year – SCHICK MAGAZINE
22. Indigenous Fabric Maker of the year – ADIRE LOUNGE